Wishing you peace, love, and good health this season
Care To Share will be closed on the following dates for observance of holidays:
December 22nd through 26th - Christmas Holiday
January 1, 2018 - New Year's Day
Please make sure you call in advance for appointments at your local pantries during holidays.
The following pantries will be closed:
- St Matthew's: December 8 through January 1
- Bethel: December 25 and January 1
- Sunset Presbysterian Church: December 16 through January 1 (they will be open regular hours starting on January 3, 2018)
- St Cecilia: December 15, 22, 25, and 26. The PM pantry ONLY will be closed from December 18 through January 1.
Care To Share's mission is to coordinate assistance to families and individuals seeking emergency food and other basic needs. Our goal is to help people through crisis situations and to connect them with other services if continued support is needed.
What We Do
Over the past thirty years, Care To Share has coordinated assistance to families and individuals seeking emergency food and basic needs, such as payment assistance when they have received a utility shut-off notice. We continue to help people through crisis situations and connect them with other critical community services as needed. We are here to help provide for our neighbors in their time of need.
Care To Share established a co-op with the local food pantries and the Oregon Food Bank (OFB) which allows for the purchase of personal items that are unavailable with SNAP cards. Care To Share coordinates and provide administrative services for this project. It is truly a success and a win-win for everyone.
Care To Share continues to work closely with the Oregon Department of Human Services and Portland Community College, as well as other entities, to provide training for those individuals attempting to enter the workforce. Once trained, these individuals have the professional tools and skills needed to obtain gainful employment. Those we have trained have moved onto to new positions with employers in the area.
For more information about what we do or how you can help Care To Share to continue our vital mission, please call 503-591-9079.
Your neighbors are counting on you!
Help Provided by Care To Share in 2016
- Approximately 12,000 food assists were given, serving 50,000 adults and children.
- $1.2 mllion in estimated food costs provided by local church pantries.
- $38,029 in utility assistance provided by HEAT Oregon.
- $14,285 in utility assistance provided by Care To Share through fundraising efforts, donations, and grants from local churches, City of Beaverton Water Department, Tualatin Valley Water District, and private donations.